Home » » Short Cuts

Short Cuts


Did anyone else notice that Samantha Mathis was playing a character named 'Deputy MATHIS' in last night's episode of 'Fringe'? You never see that ever and I like it.

What does it ever matter what a character's name in a movie is unless they are playing a person who actually existed? (I mean, you gotta call Lenin and Stalin, Lenin and Stalin) At this point Tom Cruise should only play characters named 'Tom Cruise' in his movies. It's what I am thinking the whole time anyways. "Oh look, it's the Nazi Tom Cruise with a patch...It's the Japanese Tom Cruise with a sword ect...."

I saw a movie in the 80s, it was a bad 3D Indiana Jones style adventure starring a guy named 'Tony Anthony'. We all just called him 'Tony Tony'. His character name should have been Tony so that I could say that the movie "Starred Tony Tony as Tony".

I knew a student once whose mother remarried so her name became Kelly Kelly.

(HEY LOOK HERE - Seems that I was wrong. Martha Plimpton played Deputy Mathis on yesterday's episode of Fringe. Now this totally invalidates my whole post. Thank you Leviathud for catching that. You did me a mitzva brother.)

They look a LITTLE alike don't they? I am getting old. I can't be expected to remember all the names and faces, am I?


Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.