Home » » Mars 500 Project

Mars 500 Project


"Two Europeans, three Russians and one Chinese will close the hatch of the Mars500 isolation modules in early June and start their record-breaking mission. The crew will spend a year and a half in a shipping container in Russia in the Institute of Biomedical Problems."

I am sure you have heard about the project going on is Russia where they are going to seal people up in a shipping container (??) for a year and a half to simulate a manned mission to Mars.

I just need to say this so it is on the record. There is no way these guys go that long. I suspect there will be deaths at about the six week mark when they go crazy. Anything run by a group called the Institute of Biomedical Problems just seems doomed to fail. We all know how Stalin treated any such 'problems' he came across.

Personally I am on my own similar simulated mission but I am cooped up in the house ALONE. There is no one for me to kill or to shove out the airlock. Send ME to Mars. I am not doing anyone good here and I can still blog from the space craft.

Give me the cat, Internet access, hot pockets and Pepsi cola and I will get you all the data you could ever want. I will even drink my own pee if you process and recycle it properly. Sounds like a win/win.

European Space Agency - call me.

(p.s. This in one of those times that I wish I was an artist. I would love to add some doodle showing me looking out of the spaceship window as I wave goodbye to all you earth-bound bitches)



http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEM9W219Y8G_index_0.html

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.